Read only forced on jffs2 by mtd layer?

Adam Ward adamward2005 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Mar 10 20:39:56 EST 2006

Not doing anything beyond what is there for the
Mainstone... I don't know enough about this!

Also, there is enough free space, I do not have any
problem under the 2.6.9 kernel.

There shouldn't be anything special about the hardware
, it uses a stacked SDRAM/flash part (RD38F4470LLYBH0)
but the flash is 2 * 28F256L18B - only difference
being it's 2 * 28F128L18B parts on the Mainstone. (I
think that's on C5 revision processor cards?)

Is anyone having better results with 2.6.15-4 on a
Mainstone?

I am wondering if the movement of configuration from
drivers/mtd/maps/mainstone-flash.c into
arch/arm/mach-pxa/mainstone.c being incomplete is
indicative of deeper changes that break the former,
but are not far enough to enable the later.