Read only forced on jffs2 by mtd layer?

Adam Ward adamward2005 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Mar 10 08:54:31 EST 2006

Hi,

I'm working on a Sandgate2-P board on 2.6.15-4 kernel.
I was a little confused by the existence of mtd
initialisation code in /arch/arm/mach-pax/mainstone.c
which when duplicated for SG2-P failed to work.

So I realised that there was also
/devices/mtd/maps/mainstone-flash.c (and I had played
with this under 2.6.9 when it was pxa27x-flash.c)
which I again duplicated and have had some success
with.

But only to read!

My jffs2 image will mount as ro.
If I do 'mount / -o remount,rw' it appears to be
happy, but I soon get told 'Read-only file system' if
I try anything too presumptuous!

As running mount still declares it as read/write, I am
assuming the error is with the mtd block driver
refusing to co-operate.

Is there anything you guys can suggest that I should
pay closer attention to?

--
Adam