About JFFS2 garbage collector.

NIkhil Shirodkar nikhils at cdac.in
Fri Mar 10 07:15:21 EST 2006

What I figured out one call jffs2_garbage_collect_pass() which initiates
garbage collection when there is not enough space to write a file. I figured
out few more instances when this got called, Let me know if this is the only
call to trigger garbage collector or are there any more calls?

Is it essential to call jffs2_garbage_collect_pass() repeatedly to get a
free jeb, or if once the jffs2_garbage_collect_pass() is called, it ensures
of making one jeb free. (barring the case when ic-->state of
INO_STATE_READING is found and the GC returns success without achieving the
desired)

I also wanted to find out _all_ other instances when the GC thread runs. Is
there any way one can force the GC thread to run like the case when, you are
not performing any I/O operations. This might be helpful to reduce the write
latency of a nearly full filesystem.

thx,

nik
NISG, CDAC