[MTD] cmdlineparts.c: fix to allow partition offset zero for any partition

Chuck Meade chuckmeade at mindspring.com
Tue Mar 7 22:21:31 EST 2006

Hello Atsushi,

> I sent same fix to LKML (CC: David Woodhouse, Andrew Morton) on 29
> January.  And it has been in -mm tree since 2.6.16-rc1-mm4.  You can
> get the latest version from:

http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/patches/2.6/2.6.16-rc5/2.6.16-rc5-mm3/broken-out/mtd-cmdlinepart-allow-zero-offset-va
lue.patch

> I wish it was merged to mainline someday ...

That is quite a coincidence!  I viewed your patch -- since yours has the
additional advantage of using UINT_MAX instead of 0xffffffff, plus it is
already in -mm, it makes much more sense to proceed with your version of
the patch.

Thanks for the info,
Chuck