M29W640DB bad address for writing (0x554)

Philippe Bentz philippe.bentz at dialine.fr
Mon Mar 6 09:26:27 EST 2006

Hi all,

I'm working with a M29W640DB, a 16 bits flash, in a 8 bits mode.
With CFI detection the MTD driver fails to program memory.
After a lot of debugging we discover that the cfi_send_gem_cmd generates a
command with a 0x554 adress that could'not be recognized by the flash whereas
it's waiting for 0x555.
The formula cmd_ofs * interleave * type (our type is 2 and cmd_ofs 0x2AA)
seems to be incorrect. So we add a conditional statement after the formula
that changes 0x554 to 0x555, and it works perfectly.
So what's the issue ?
It seems that this formula will never work for 16bits flash that are used in 8
bits mode ?

Thanks for your help.

--
Philippe Bentz