Linux Boot Time measurements and JFFS2 file system mounting

Jagota Rakesh jrakesh at gdatech.com
Wed Jun 21 12:39:39 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am using linux kernel-2.6.12 for custom design board based on mips
processsor. I want to reduce my bootup time. Can you suggest some step to
optimise the boot up speed? Currently its taking ~30-40sec to bootup.

I have one more issue while mopunting jffs2 file system I am getting the
kernel panic error..not able to open mtdblock. Pl see the attached log
message. Can you suggest something here to sort out this issue.

Thanks & Regards,
Rakesh Jagota

Thanks & Regards,
Rakesh