NAND problems with at91 kernels

Savin Zlobec savin at epico.si
Mon Jun 19 09:06:42 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I'am running kernel 2.6.17 on AT91RM9200 board with Samsung 32MiB NAND.
I've been experiencing a lot of NAND flash errors (running JFFS2 or
YAFFS)  which
traced down to busy delay handling. Asking on linux-arm-kernel list I've
got a link to
this message thread:

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2005-September/013625.html

I've patched nand_base:nand_read_oob with the patch attached to the
above mail and
it seems to solve my problems - I'am going to run some test for the next
couple of days
just to be shure.

Is there any reason why this patch was not accepted and more importantly
can I expect
more delay related problems which apperantly show only on some platforms.

Thanks,

savin