FW: JFFS2 Mounting time

Davide CASCONE davide.cascone at st.com
Mon Jun 12 04:01:48 EDT 2006

I'm using Linux 2.6.16 with mtd-snapshot-20060504. I mount JFFS2 on Sibley device (configured in burst mode with burst frequency of 48MHz). If I reserve a 16MByte MTD partition to JFFS2 with 80% file system usage, I'm able to mount the root file system in 2.6 sec. Is this a reasonable time? Any suggestion to improve the mounting performances? Any information about the JFFS2 mounting time with NOR devices?

Thanks in advance.
Best regards,
Davide

P.S. I must apologize because I have some problems to replay my previous questions posted on the forum.