mtdparts kernel cmdline

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 20:21:33 EDT 2006

On 7/31/06, Brijesh Singh <brijesh.ksingh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can you give me a pointer on  why the "regions/offset/numblocks"
> fields are blank when I use kernel cmdline parameter.

You're using physmap to map the overall chip.  The default behavior of
that mapping driver is to create partitions if they exist then return,
which it does in your first case.  If no partitions are found, it will
create a single MTD for the entire chip.  That is what you are seeing
in the case where you do not specify any partitions on the command
line.

josh