BUG: missing get_mtd_device when running cat /dev/mtdblock*

Jörn Engel joern at wohnheim.fh-wedel.de
Mon Jul 31 10:26:15 EDT 2006

While debugging on a 2.6.5 kernel (with fairly recent mtd) I noticed
that mtdblock appears to be bypassing get_mtd_device().

Can anyone verify this on current mtd by adding a simple printk() to
get_mtd_device() and running cat /dev/mtdblock0 > /dev/null or so?

I am assuming this is not desired behaviour and should get fixed.

Jörn

--
Mundie uses a textbook tactic of manipulation: start with some
reasonable talk, and lead the audience to an unreasonable conclusion.