how to use jff2 on UBI layer?

Artem B. Bityutskiy dedekind at yandex.ru
Mon Jul 31 04:09:11 EDT 2006

Josh Boyer wrote:
> It seems somewhat superfluous to add a generalized I/O layer to jffs2.
> It just doesn't sit right with me.

And after all, what do you mean by superfluous? One more function call?
NP - this is a technical question, I can easily turn that into a macro.

With my patch, JFFS2 I/O is clean and modularized. Examples:

You have (jffs2_io)->cm_needed field which tells you if this particular
I/O backend needs clean markers. E.g. - Dataflash and UBI does not need
them. Or do you prefer this setup_data_flash() stuff in wbuf.c???

Also, for eCos, you may put all the differences to io.c and don't spread
this over all sources.

Etc.

You just put all I/O-related stuff like this in one place. And depending
on the I/O backend you initialize it. And all this is in io.c file.

So, it only makes JFFS2 more understandable and cleaner. And it makes
sense even without UBI. Is this "superfluous" ? I think no.

--
Best Regards,
Artem B. Bityutskiy,