how to use jff2 on UBI layer?

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 15:28:51 EDT 2006

On 7/27/06, Artem B. Bityutskiy <dedekind at yandex.ru> wrote:
> Tim, Joern,
>
> I've made JFFS2 be able to mount UBI volumes directly, without gluebi.
>
> Now you can do the folliwing:
>
> 1. mount -t jffs2 ubiX_Y mnt/   --   mount UBI device number <X>, volume
> <Y>;
> 2. mount -t jffs2 ubiY mnt/   --   mount UBI device number 0, volume <Y>;
> 3. mount -t jffs2 ubiX:<name> mnt/   --   mount UBI device X, volume
> with name <name>;
> 4. mount -t jffs2 ubi:<name> mnt/   --   mount UBI device 0, volume with
> name <name>.
>
> The patches are in ubi-2.6.git, please, try.

For what it's worth, I personally prefer the gluebi approach.  Or at
least it's design.  I don't see why UBI cannot add_mtd_device for
every volume that is found within the overall MTD given to it.

It seems somewhat superfluous to add a generalized I/O layer to jffs2.
 It just doesn't sit right with me.

josh