how to use jff2 on UBI layer?

Artem B. Bityutskiy dedekind at infradead.org
Mon Jul 24 06:46:08 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-07-20 at 11:45 +0200, Jörn Engel wrote:
> As of now, it is impossible, sorry.  UBI exports an interface
> completely different from MTD, so JFFS2 cannot work on UBI.  What I
> used was a glue layer, called gluebi, that converts the UBI interface
> into an MTD interface.  But in its current form, that is still
> unacceptable, so I'm working on changing the code.

IMO, it would be much saner to do the following:

Change JFFS2 and introduce I/O abstraction to it. E.g., add an io.c file
with basic I/O functions like
jffs2_read()/jffs2_write()/jffs2_point()/jffs2_erase(). Then you could
add different I/O back-ends, like UBI. Note, even now we already have 2
I/O back-ends: MTD and eCos. Then it would be a matter of adding one
more I/O back-end - UBI.

--
Best Regards,
Artem B. Bityutskiy,