how to use jff2 on UBI layer?

Frank Haverkamp haver at vnet.ibm.com
Fri Jul 21 02:42:17 EDT 2006

Hi Joern,

On Thu, 2006-07-20 at 11:45 +0200, Jörn Engel wrote:

> What I
> used was a glue layer, called gluebi, that converts the UBI interface
> into an MTD interface.  But in its current form, that is still
> unacceptable, so I'm working on changing the code.

do you have an idea when you have something to try?

The change from Thomas Gleixner which enables us to write mulitple times
to a NAND page would also be very helpful too. We can put the UBI EC
header (for the erase count) and the VID hdr (volume information header)
into the same page.

If we would have those two changes, others like Kyungmin and Marteo
could start making use of UBI. I really hope that we get those changes
in the ubi-2.6.git as soon as possible.

Frank