autoconf for mtd-utils

David Byron dbyron at hheld.com
Wed Jul 19 14:52:48 EDT 2006

In my environment, it would help to have separate build and source
directories for mtd-utils.  I need a native build for mkfs.jffs2 and a
cross-compiled build for flash_eraseall, etc.  A few weeks ago it looks like
Josh Boyer removed an attempt at a Makefile.am.

Is there a general aversion to automake?  If I submit a Makefile.in /
configure.ac that uses autoconf but not automake, does it have a chance of
getting accepted?

I'm happy to create a Makefile.am and configure.ac for automake if that's
got a better shot.

Thanks.

-DB