NAND behind INT13 BIOS interface

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Jul 19 11:09:45 EDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-19 at 12:34 +0300, Indrek Kruusa wrote:
> I have board with NAND and BIOS seems to have built-in driver for that.
> BIOS provides INT 13 interface for the NAND too.
>
> Is there a solution to access such NAND (with the help of INT 13) as a
> usual block device from Linux?

There used to be such a hack -- it's quite evil and fragile though. You
have to switch back into real mode to invoke the BIOS call, and you need
to preserve enough of the pre-boot environment that it can still work.
Running it in vm86 mode might also work, if you're lucky.

Seriously though, I wouldn't bother -- just implement a translation
layer in Linux which is compatible.

--
dwmw2