How to put "Erase Block Summary" on unused space?

dalalilala at hellokitty.com dalalilala at hellokitty.com
Tue Jul 18 22:32:24 EDT 2006

Dear all:

In my experiment environment, the usable space of NOR flash is 29.75MB,
and the size of jffs2 image is 512KB. Therefore, there are 29.25MB of
unused space. And the mount time of original jffs2 and summary jffs2
are the same.

Following the "JFFS2 improvement project" homepage, I have understood
EBS stores summary information at the end of every (closed) erase
block. And there is a user space tool called sumtool to generate this
summary information for a JFFS2 image.

In this case, the EBS only exist in JFFS2 image. That is to say, EBS
only exist in the part of used space, and not exist in the part of
unused space. Is it right?

If it is correct to say so, how to put EBS on unused space?

Best regards,

Chih-Chien Yang
Real-Time Embedded Systems Lab.
Electrical and Control Engineering