DiskOnChip 2000

Thiago Figueiro Thiago.Figueiro at Q-Free.com
Wed Jul 5 22:40:23 EDT 2006

    Hi, all.  I have been lurking for some time but couldn't get this
straight.

    I see that the current DOC implementation purposedly ignores DOC2000
chips because the INFTL implementation doesn't handle the BBT.  I think
this goes back to 2003 so my guess is that this is not so easy to
implement or there's no community interest in doing it.

    I am not locked to the DOC because my hardware supports other memories:

NVSRAM (Dallas, SGS, Simtek)
EEROM (SST, Atmel)
FLASH (AMD, Atmel, SST, SGS - 29F256/512/010/020/040' style)
EPROM (AMD, SGS - 27C256/512/010/020/040' style)

    Which of the above would you guys recommend?  I would like to boot
from it and mount the root FS on it (it would have basically read-only
data).

Many thanks,

--

Thiago Figueiro - Q-Free Australia Pty Ltd.
--
Thiago.Figueiro at Q-Free.com
--
Unit 17 / 1 Talavera Rd.