doc 2.6 kernel crashes

Kobus Wolvaardt kobus at kreon.co.za
Wed Jul 5 08:03:21 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am getting random crashes on my 2.6.11 and 2.6.15 kernel when diskonchip
2000 support is enabled, without it there is no crashes. How do I verify what
causes the crashes? any ideas? and pointers to docs that'll help?

I'm a bit at a loss as to what to do. I have a crappy driver that isnt
supported beyond 2.6.15 kernel that's preventing me from trying the latest
and greatest 2.6.17. Can it be that by enabling unstable code in the kernel
setup that some other unstable driver is included and that it is not the doc
driver's fault? Or if it is the doc drivers fault how do I help to find and
fix the bug?

Thanks,
Kobus

--
This message was scanned for viruses by MailScanner and Sophos.