[RFC/PATCH] map drivers. DCACHE option for physmap and mphysmap drivers

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 17:19:50 EST 2006

On 1/27/06, Nicolas Pitre <nico at cam.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Jan 2006, Josh Boyer wrote:
>
> > On 1/27/06, Jared Hulbert <jaredeh at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > When I first did a patch like this I used a very platform dependent
> > > embedded assembly loop to _invalidate_ NOT _flush_ the specific
> > > cachelines possibly affected by the flash program or erase.
> >
> > Yep, that would be better.
>
> No it wouldn't.  It would quickly become crufty and unreadable as more
> architectures add their stuff.

/me sighs.

Yes, I misread what Jared had said.  I was solely focusing on
"_invalidate_ NOT _flush_" and missed the embedded assembly loop part.

I think you're probably right in that there is no clean way to do this
in a non-platform specific driver.  At least not a way that would be
worthwhile.

josh