sector locks handling for J3 flashes?

Peter Wippich pewi at gw-instruments.de
Wed Jan 11 05:11:44 EST 2006

Hi Alfred,

the original MTD driver unlocks all flash sector during initialization.
However, this is a lenghty operation. Took about 2..3 seconds, depending
on flash size. Uli Luckas has supplied a patch which does "lazy"
unlocking. Each time a write / erase operation fails it unlocks the sector
and retries the operation. But this is only available for the latest 2.6
kernel. You may have a look there and / or check Russel's patch history
for the ARM linux kernel.

Ciao,

Peter