[Yaffs] bit error rates --> a vendor speaks

Vitaly Wool vwool at ru.mvista.com
Sat Feb 18 11:31:45 EST 2006

Hi folks,

just two small notes from my side.
First, FWIW, YAFFS2 never writes OOB w/o data and that looks more proper
than JFFS2 style which means cleanmarkers for an empty page.
YAFFS2 just needs means to be agnostic about how OOB bytes are placed
within a page.

Next, I took a look at rtc_from4.c and I'm not sure how to follow this
method if the NAND controller just doesn't have means to give the
caclulated ECC back to user. Thomas, could you please elaborate on that?

Best regards,
  Vitaly