Problems with getting a nand-flash chip to work

Håkan Kvist hagar at df.lth.se
Fri Feb 17 10:25:25 EST 2006

On Fri, Feb 17, 2006 at 10:44:03AM +0100, Håkan Kvist wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Sorry that I can't be more specific in the topic, but I really don't
> know which part that fails.
>
> I'm trying to get a nand flash chip to work on a at91rm9200-ek
> development board from atmel, featuring an atmel at91rm9200 (arm9
> based) SoC.
>
> We have tried to different Nand flash chips:
> * A 4 Gbit, 8-bit bus nand flash chip from Micron
> * A 512 Mbit, 8-bit bus nand flash chip from STMicroelectronics

I belive that I forget to mention that the chip that we are currently
using is the 512 Mbit chip from STMicroelectronics.

I also have tested the to write directly to the nand with the
mtd_debug utility.

I've filled the first 4 blocks (65535 bytes) with data, and I can read
it back successfully and verify that it is identical to what I wrote.

What is the next thing I should look into?

Any idea of what I should test/look into would be very appreciated.

regards
Håkan