mtd on cf card

NIkhil Shirodkar nikhils at cdac.in
Thu Feb 2 06:44:29 EST 2006

Hey,

I have tried successfully to run JFFS2 on cf using MTD

You need to insert a block2mtd module in the linux, as the CF has a built in
translation layer and it presents the NAND flash of the compact flash as
normal block device. Whether using MTD/JFFS2 for CF will improve the life of
the CF is still a mystery for me, but the block2mtd module presents any
block device (harddisk/CF) as a MTD device and u can then use the MTD layer
and mount JFFS2 on the block device.

Hope that info is helpful

thx,

nik