Finding flash type...

Siddharth Choudhuri siddh_c at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 5 20:44:32 EST 2006

--- Artem Bityutskiy <dedekind at infradead.org> wrote:
> It would be ideal if somebody added sysfs support to
> MTD. Then you could
> just look at sysfs and find it out. Now you should
> use ioctl's.

I could start adding the sysfs support to reflect
flash type.  I have the following questions though:

1. Should the information be exported in the
/sys/block/mtd* directory ? The other place would be
/sys/class/mtd*.

2. Should any other information be also exported ? The
mtd_info_user structure [include/mtd-abi.h] has
additional fields that might be useful - size,
erasesize, oobblock(if present) ?

Any suggestions, pointers would be great.

thanks,
-siddharth