8gig multiCell nand parts

Kevin Bradway Kevin.Bradway at i-o.com
Fri Aug 4 13:57:32 EDT 2006

I need help trying to get 8/16 gig multicell (mlc) Micron/Samsung parts
working properly.  I am using JFFS2.

Both cells are always getting written??  They are duplicated.
I have 4 partitions
Starting at offset 0 and then using the MTDPART_OFS_APPEND with size
0x10000000.

The mlc parts require 2 CE#'s. One for each cell.

I have used the "number of chips" in the option of the nand driver.
This shows that the proper chip select is being selected but both cells
still get written too.

I have verified that the right chip select is set when the page address
rolls past the page mask.

I have verified the PLD addressing.

Any ideas would be helpful.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you are not the original recipient or the person responsible for delivering the email to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error, and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete the original.