MPC8xxx UPM NAND Flash

Martin Krause Martin.Krause at tqs.de
Thu Aug 3 06:32:10 EDT 2006

Hi Harsha,

Harsha Padmanabha wrote on Thursday, August 03, 2006 10:19 AM:
> Hey Martin,
>
> I saw your post on the web-board for MTD support. Do you have any
> clues or luck using the freescale whitepaper to interface with the
> NAND Flash?. We are able to generate the required timing waveforms
> but are unable to write to flash or read it back using UPM.

Currently we are working on this on a MPC8548 board (TQM8548).
Unfortunately I'm not involved in this project, so I don't know much
details, but the guys working on this told me, that some basic flash
accesses are running already (at a bus clock of 50 MHz).

The boot software we use is not U-boot, but our own bootloader
"MON85xx", so I couldn't send patches or code snippets. But I hope
that U-Boot will be ported for this board too, once everything is
running well.

Regards,
Martin