How to generate a patch limited to MTD subsystem

Artem B. Bityutskiy dedekind at yandex.ru
Wed Aug 2 10:38:55 EDT 2006

llandre wrote:
> I'm facing the following problem.
> I'm working on custom hardware with kernel 2.6.15. I suspect I need to
> update the MTD subsystem with latest sources. How to do that without
> migrating to latest kernel? In other words I need to generate a patch
> from latest MTD code against MTD code included in v2.6.15 kernel. Is it
> possible? How?

I'd do like this:

rm -rf linux-2.6.15/drivers/mtd
cp -r linux-latest/drivers/mtd linux-2.6.15/drivers/

rm linux-2.6.15/include/mtd
cp -r linux-latest/include/mtd linux-2.6.15/include/mtd

rm linux-2.6.15/include/linux/mtd
cp -r linux-latest/include/linux/mtd linux-2.6.15/include/linux/mtd

Then try to compile & run and resolve all problems. I suspect there are
not going to be many of them.

--
Best Regards,
Artem B. Bityutskiy,