handling a flash split in two parts

igor.trevisan at bluewind.it igor.trevisan at bluewind.it
Tue Apr 11 15:10:26 EDT 2006

Hi all!

I've a very particular problem:

I've a board that,for reasons that are too long to be explained,
has a 4MB flash chip that is not mapped in a contiguos way.
Physically the microcontroller can see:

2Mbytes of flash -- 2MB of "jump" -- other  2MBytes of flash

I modified the mmu map in the file

arch/arm/mach-mx1ads/mm.c

(I've a custom board with Freescale iMX1)

and this should make things work but it's not so.
With the emulator I can see the memory as if it was
contiguous, but when mounting my Root File System
flash partition, the system look at the wronk address.
It seems that it looks at the physical addresses instead of the virtual
one fixed with the MMU map.
Is it possible?
If so, how can I solve this?
I tried some workarounds but with no luck!
Any suggestion is very appreciated.
If more details are needed, please tell em and forgive me if
I missed them!
Thanks a lot in advance,

Igor.
--