JFFS2 Error or Maybe Flash Driver Error

Josh Boyer jdub at us.ibm.com
Thu Sep 29 08:43:39 EDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-09-28 at 16:31 +0800, Zhonglin wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I pulled the JFFS2 code from CVS.  And Ported 2.6.12-omap1 to p2-sample.
> When P2 sample run for a while, Sometimes The following message will show.
>
> But when I boot again, it is ok again.
>
> Does anybody meet the same problem ?
>

> Node CRC 00800080 != calculated CRC 4bf2ff8d for node at 00676518
> JFFS2 notice: (247) read_unknown: node header CRC failed at 0x9dfa60.
> But it must have been OK earl.Node totlen on flash (0x00800080) !=
> totlen from node ref (0x0000059c)

I have seen this problem, yes.  Specifically, it has shown up when I try
to mount a JFFS2 filesystem as the rootfs.  When mounting it as a
non-rootfs, I haven't seen the problem.  I doubt that really makes a
difference though, and it's probably related more to timing than
anything.

> So could anyone give me to fix the bug ??

I haven't figure it out yet.  My particular case never has the resume
code called, so I'm not sure that's the problem.

josh