Great jffs2 speedup

Artem B. Bityutskiy dedekind at yandex.ru
Thu Sep 29 06:45:33 EDT 2005

Ferenc Havasi wrote:
> It think it is the method which is really does not spoil the
> wear-leveling. The selection of the storing place uses exactly the same
> function what JFFS2 uses to store any other data.

Then I just don't undesstand how it works. A user selects a bolck X
where CS ought to be kept. JFFS2 crereates CS in X. Then, on each mount
user specifies X in mount options. And if there are too frequent mounts,
A becomes worn-out earlier. To avoid this, user should specify 2 options
- where to find CS and where to store it next time? And evenly rotate
the CS eraseblock?

Or you mean JFFS2 is itself picking the needed EB? How to find it on
next mount then?

--
Best Regards,
Artem B. Bityuckiy,