Updated Grub DOC patch?

Joseph M Dupre (AVAB Inc.) dupre at avab.com
Tue Sep 27 14:47:25 EDT 2005

I am having a hell of a time compiling GRUB with the DOC patch.  The
old versions of GRUB won't compile using the recent versions of GCC
(see grub bug #3343 and 8729).  Fine.  So I load RedHat 7.3, but that
has too old a version of autoconf and automake.  And automake-
1.5.tar.gz on the Gnu site is corrupted!  (It appears RH8 has the
required automake 1.5 and autoconf 2.53, but I don't have that).

I'm wondering if it would be more worth my time to rework the latest
patch (grub-2003-11-10-doc.patch) to work with the more recent
versions of grub. (0.96 for example)

Has anyone attacked this recently?  I saw a couple unanswered posts
within the last 6 months (is that all, just a couple posts?) from
others who are having this problem.  Perhaps someone else has solved
this allready (I hope...)

- Joe