fragtree method?

Artem B. Bityutskiy dedekind at yandex.ru
Mon Sep 26 04:43:07 EDT 2005

hinko.kocevar at cetrtapot.si wrote:
> Artem B. Bityutskiy wrote:
> Thank you for prompt answer. We were aware of the slow-mount-feature of
> JFFS2 but your explaination cleared some stuff for us though.
Note, you should enable EBS (eraseblock summary) to mount faster. My
patch speeds up the checker.

Well, to be more understandable, JFFS2 mount consists of 2 phases:
1. Scan
2. Checking

During the first phase JFFS2 FS is unaccessable. During the second
phase, it may be read, but writers are blocked until the checking is
done (checking works in context of the GC tread and only - once just
after mount). The main "show-stopping" phase is the scanning. EBS
improves scanning - enable it. My patch improves the second phase and it
will work by itself as it is already committed.

--
Best Regards,
Artem B. Bityuckiy,