Another compiler error: sumtool.c

Artem B. Bityutskiy dedekind at yandex.ru
Thu Sep 22 02:50:33 EDT 2005

Andrew Lunn wrote:
> Could you define small.
No, I cannot. This must be found out experimentally. I just warned you
about possible EBS effect.

> I will be checking this anyway. I need to improve the mount time
> performance of eCos's version of JFFS2. For the system i'm working on
> now the eCos redboot loader has JFFS2 from CVS from a year or so
> ago. It takes four or five times longer to mount the filesystem than
> the JFFS2 code in the Linux 2.4.x version of the kernel redboot is
> booting. For the particular application this device is being used in i
> need very fast boot times and currently the RedBoot JFFS2 mount is the
> bottleneck. So i was hopeing that bringing JFFS2 up to date in eCos's
> Redboot and adding EBS might match the performance of the old 2.4.x
> code. Testing will soon tell.

EBS makes mount really faster. But then the JFFS2 checker is working,
and in case of NOR+EBS it will work longer and eat more CPU. JFFS2
writers are blocked while the checker is working, so it may slow down
the boot process. That's the theory, experiments are needed.

--
Best Regards,
Artem B. Bityuckiy,