Another compiler error: sumtool.c

Artem B. Bityutskiy dedekind at yandex.ru
Thu Sep 22 02:20:50 EDT 2005

Andrew Lunn wrote:
> Hi Folks
>
> Thanks to Artem's fix i can now compile jffs2 without write buffer
> support. However the sumtool does not compile.....
>
> lunn at londo:~/pkgs/mtd/mtd/util$ make
> gcc -I../include -O2 -Wall -g -c -o sumtool.o sumtool.c -g -Wp,-MD,.sumtool.c.dep
> sumtool.c:66: error: static declaration of 'target_endian' follows non-static declaration../include/mtd/jffs2-user.h:22: error: previous declaration of 'target_endian' was here
> make: *** [sumtool.o] Error 1

Hmm, I did not enable EBS and did not test how it works. If you have
small NOR flash, don't use EBS. EBS may make things worse on small NORs
- both because of wasting space and because NOR+EBS looks like NAND for
JFFS2 (jffs2_can_mark_obsolete() is 0 at os-linux.h), which leads to
greater CPU load on mount (much more nodes to check). I believe Ferenc
should write about this in a Readme file or in the EBS config help.

--
Best Regards,
Artem B. Bityuckiy,