CRC failed on node ....

Brian T btuch at usa.net
Tue Sep 20 18:21:32 EDT 2005

Running the 2.4.20 kernel, after a power outage 2 of my test units get boot
message mount errors:

jffs2_scan_dirent_node(): Name CRC failed on node at 0x00b620c8: Read
0x640c8ca3, calculated 0x795111fe
jffs2_scan_dirent_node(): Name CRC failed on node at 0x00eaf1e0: Read
0x16f2116a, calculated 0x0622ba51

The units seem to boot fine, but I'm sure there are probably files I can no
longer access on the file system.

Is this possibly from JFFS2 running garbage collection when the power is
removed?  Is there an MTD utility to fix this corruption _while_ the ROM is
mounted?  Is there a work around ( like running "sync" every 5 minutes in
cron )?

Thanks,

-Brian