data loss on jffs2 filesystem on dataflash

Peter Menzebach pm-mtd at mw-itcon.de
Tue Sep 20 11:01:42 EDT 2005

Artem B. Bityutskiy wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-09-20 at 15:38 +0200, Peter Menzebach wrote:

> But In your logs, I saw that you have *write buffer* size = 8*1056!
> Write buffer size is another thing. It is the minimal flash IO unit.
> JFFS2 assumes that it cannot write 1 byte or 100 bytes, it assumes that
> it can only write 'write buffer size' bytes. And the goal of the write
> buffer is to accumulate many small JFFS2 writes in RAM, and when the
> write buffer becomes full, it is flushed to flash.
>
> So, in your case, make write buffer = Data Flash page size = 1056.

How can this reported from the flash device to the mtd layer and then to
jffs2?
In the code, I see at the moment only, that in the device driver
mtd_info.erasesize is set, later on in jffs2 I see, that this has become
the sector_size, which becomes then the wbuf_pagesize.

Is here mtd_info.ooblock to be set?

Best regards
Peter

--