Command line parsing

Marius Groeger mgroeger at sysgo.com
Mon Sep 19 10:26:07 EDT 2005

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005, Jörn Engel wrote:

> On Sat, 17 September 2005 10:55:40 -0400, David A. Braun wrote:
>>
>> Is there any particular reason parse_cmdline_partitions() in
>> drivers/mtd/cmdlineparse.c doesn't completely setup the partition
>> table(s) it builds? It fails to initialize the offsets and sizes of any
>> partition tabled unless it is the one named by "master". This one has
>> the offsets and lengths filled in but the others are left zero with the
>> exception of partitions specified with "-" or SIZE_REMAINING. I would
>> have expected all partitions described in the cmdline to be initialized
>> if any are.
>
> Iirc, the code was written by someone at Sysgo, possibly Robert, and
> hasn't been touched for quite a while.  So if you have any patches
> that improve the situation for you, feel free to send them.

Acutally it was me :-), but someone decided to remove my name and just
leave in the reference to our company... Anyway you're right about my
not having touched that code. Looking at it briefly, though, I don't
really spot anything suspicous. Apart from the (potential) oddity that
the cmdline is saved and processed much later at a time the flash
hardware is actually, I don't see what is not initialized.

In other words, David, what is the actual problem you're seeing?

Regards,
Marius

--
Marius Groeger <mgroeger at sysgo.com>
SYSGO AG                      Embedded and Real-Time Software