How to cope with locked flash

Konstantin Kletschke lists at ku-gbr.de
Thu Sep 15 10:13:33 EDT 2005

How do you people cope with flash devices that power up locked?

I have intel K3 devices which are unlocked by flash_unlocke in the /etc/inittab
while booting the system.
However, if the fs was never mounted before the jffs2 hangs with this
in an endless loop:

jffs2_write_dirent in garbage_collect_dirent failed: -30
Write of 43 bytes at 0x00363928 failed. returned -30, retlen 0
Not marking the space at 0x00363928 as dirty because the flash driver returned retlen zero

Is there any help to avoid this situation?

Konsti

PS.: sorry, I missed the subject in my mail before so it looks like
spam :( I am still trying to get used to my new MUA :-/

--
GPG KeyID EF62FCEF
Fingerprint: 13C9 B16B 9844 EC15 CC2E  A080 1E69 3FDA EF62 FCEF