Silent GCC4.0 warning

Marius Groeger mgroeger at sysgo.com
Wed Sep 14 08:34:47 EDT 2005

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005, Jörn Engel wrote:

> "if your write it portable in the first place" sounds nice, but noone
> really knows what that means, before the acid test happens.

I think this is a weak argument in this context. Sticking to the
standards should always be a prime directive for any programmer.
Moreover, /if/ I follow your argument: it's very unlikely something
happens to the semantics of (char*)buf + i, compared to the likelihood
of a future GCC discovering honour and making the extensions harder to
access.

Regards,
Marius

--
Marius Groeger <mgroeger at sysgo.com>
SYSGO AG                      Embedded and Real-Time Software