JFFS2+NAND problem in 2.6.13-at91

Aras Vaichas arasv at magellan-technology.com
Tue Sep 13 04:45:43 EDT 2005

Aras Vaichas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was previously using 2.6.12-rc1, AT91 with JFFS2 on NAND and I had no
> problems whatsoever with using JFFS2 on NAND.
>
> I recently upgraded to 2.6.13 and now JFFS2 on NAND seems a little broken ...

<SNIP>

> This sounds like some sort of timing issues to me if switching on debugging
> output causes the system to start working.

I did a quick experiment and I added a 1ms delay at the end of each command as
a test and it "fixes" the problem.

in at91_nand.c:at91_nand_command()

        /* wait until command is processed */
        while (!my_nand->dev_ready(mtd))
                ;

        msleep(1);
}

But of course scanning and mounting now takes a very long time and this
obviously isn't a permanent fix but it might help to locate where the problem
code is.

Does this prove that it's a timing problem? perhaps some race condition?

regards,

Aras Vaichas