Mounting large JFFS2 causes other process to stop running!

David Jander david.jander at protonic.nl
Mon Sep 5 07:46:53 EDT 2005

On Monday 05 September 2005 10:55, Leon Zhang wrote:
> Hi. there.
> I confirm this bug.
> My kernel is linux-2.4.29-vrs1-pxa1-intc4-col1. and my board CPU is PXA27x,
> and the flash is on board flash.

I can't make up the MTD version out of your kernel version. Would it be the
last CVS for 2.4.x from March 2005, or older?

> I am burned a minimum jffs2 rooffs. about 2M, only a busybox in it.
> But, if a burned a 10M size rootfs. The console respone slowly first, and
> after a while, the console will respone nonthing.

Can you turn debug-level to 1 in the jffs2 (and mtd) driver and post (relevant
parts of) console output here? I'm not sure if I can help, but MTD developers
might want to see what the kernel is busy with for so long.
I personally want to know if it has any relation with the architecture you are
running on. I have had problems in the past with 2.4.x on PowerPC and older
versions of MTD. Since I changed to CVS-march2005 I have not had any trouble,
but I want to know more, and I need to be as sure as possible that I will not
have any more trouble. The problem is, this kernel version is not officially
supported anymore by mtd developers, so we are a little bit left out in the
cold if there is trouble.

Best regards,

--
David Jander