PATCH: allow JFFS2 to write to really small disks

Øyvind Harboe oyvind.harboe at zylin.com
Thu Sep 1 07:52:35 EDT 2005

> > What do you think?
>
> I think that most users don't want JFFS2 to run in WORM mode.  And for
> those users, failing on every write is actually better.  They notice
> the problem right away, not just after a while.

But who mounts a *tiny* JFFS2 volume except those that will be using it
as a WORM drive?

This group of users could well be even tinier than those that want WORM
drives.

My conclusion:

Make it a WORM drive if it is too small to support read/write many
times.

> People that want WORM mode are the minority and therefore should be
> the ones that are inconvenienced.

I agree with this principle, but my assumptions are different than
yours, hence I'm currently leaning towards a different conclusion.

--
Øyvind Harboe
http://www.zylin.com