FYI, problem in CVS version

Jörn Engel joern at wohnheim.fh-wedel.de
Tue Oct 18 19:49:14 EDT 2005

On Thu, 13 October 2005 08:24:31 +0900, Daniel Ann wrote:

> I've downloaded CVS version yesterday and patched linux-2.6.12.3
> kernel but everytime I try to do make mrproper I get an error saying
> fs/jffs3/makefile.clean doesnt exist.
>
> I've noticed that patch didnt include any JFFS3 files since there
> werent any fs/jffs3 directory to start with, but fs/Makefile had line
> mentioning JFFS3. So, I've commented out and did make mrproper which
> worked.
>
> Just to let you know how I've patched the kernel, I've executed
> patchkernel.sh with following argument,
> ./patchkernel.sh -c -2 -3 -v /usr/src/linux-2.6.12.3

Not adding the "-3" would have avoided your problem.  Jffs3 has been
removed for the most part, but it looks like fs/Makefile.jffs3 and
some bits inside patchkernel.sh have survived.  Would you mind sending
a patch to kill those bits as well?

Jörn

--
There's nothing better for promoting creativity in a medium than
making an audience feel "Hmm ­ I could do better than that!"