more flexible HW ECC support for nand_base

Vitaly Wool vwool at ru.mvista.com
Tue Oct 18 08:00:31 EDT 2005

Hi Charles,

as for now, I was mainly targeting just to enable hardware ECC support
for some complicated page layouts within the linix-mtd scope. I was also
trying to minimize the impact of my changes, i. e. make them as
transparent as possible for all the nand_base users, and it looks like I
had some success with it.

I do agree with you that in future read_oob better return OOB data in
the same format as read_ecc/write_ecc but as of now, this is not
impemented in my patch. The layout-based approach however is powerful
enough to allow doing that... in the closest future, if the current
piece of work gets accepted.

Best regards,
   Vitaly