docboot: nandwrite: Input file is not page aligned

Joseph M Dupre (AVAB Inc.) dupre at avab.com
Tue Oct 11 13:49:20 EDT 2005

On 11 Oct 2005 at 9:42, Dan Brown wrote:

> This is odd.  Can you show me the output of the 'make' command (in
> particular, it prints some info on the # and types of sectors in
> doc_spl)?  Also, what is the exact size of your doc_spl?
>
> Hopefully we can figure out your 'not page aligned' issue with some
> more info.

Thanks Dan,

Here is the output from
'make KERN=/tftpboot/kernel-initrd INITRD=/tftpboot/rootfs.gz'
cc -O2  -fno-builtin -nostdinc -c doc_bootstub.S
ld -N -Ttext 0 -o doc_bootstub.elf doc_bootstub.o
objcopy -O binary doc_bootstub.elf doc_bootstub
cc makespl.c -o makespl -DCHECKSUM_LOCATION=0x`nm doc_bootstub.elf |
grep checksum | cut -d " " -f 1`
cat cmdline | ./makespl doc_bootstub /tftpboot/kernel-initrd doc_spl -
i /tftpboot/rootfs.gz
Commandline is "root=/dev/ram0 rw init=/linuxrc"
3 bootstub sectors, 10 real-mode sectors, 2420 kernel sectors, 1737
initrd sectors

The generated doc_spl is 2201760 bytes.

I am using the uClibc "Buildroot" toolchain.  Dev machine is i686 and
target is i486 with a DOC 2000 (MD2202-D128)

Originally I was using the MTD utils generated by Buildroot to erase
and load the DOC, but they were using mtd source from Debian's
archive dated 22/1/05.  I built the current versions of the MTD utils
but have the same error.

- Joe