Spansion MirrorBit support

Todd Poynor tpoynor at mvista.com
Sat Oct 1 23:47:55 EDT 2005

Kathy Richards wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I have to use S29GL032M flash which is Spansion
> MirrorBit, CFI compatible. I searched the archives and
> it seems like it should work "out of the box". I'm
> using kernel version 2.6.13.
>
> 1. I'm wondering if anyone has actually used this (or
> a similar spansion mirrorbit chip) and knows for sure
> that it works...?
>
> 2. Is the MirrorBit tech transparent to mtd/jffs2 (as
> long as the chip is CFI compatible?)

Have used S29W models, check the datasheet for your model and see if the
CFI query address is 0x555, if so see:

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2005-September/013641.html

Haven't checked if there are features of the flash that mtd/jffs2 aren't
taking advantage of, but most chips do work.

--
Todd