Jffs2 issue on latest mtd for Sibley NOR

Artem B. Bityutskiy dedekind at yandex.ru
Tue Nov 22 11:15:29 EST 2005

Menon, Nishanth wrote:
> Hi All,
> I have been trying Sibley NOR flash and the latest (as of today) MTD
> tree on my kernel.
> When I use the character device, I am able to unlock, erase, write and
> read from it successfully. Unfortunately, when I try to use jffs2 on it,
> I face the following issue:
Could you please try to reproduce this on mtdram device which is just an
emulator of NOR flash in RAM ?

> CONFIG_JFFS2_FS=y
> CONFIG_JFFS2_FS_DEBUG=2
Uhh. Too much log rubbish will be produced with this.

> CONFIG_JFFS2_FS_WRITEBUFFER=y
This is not usually needed for NOR. is 'siblay' an exception? But JFFS2
still should work.

> CONFIG_JFFS2_ZLIB=y
> CONFIG_JFFS2_RTIME=y
> # CONFIG_JFFS2_RUBIN is not set
> # CONFIG_JFFS2_LZO is not set
> # CONFIG_JFFS2_LZARI is not set
> # CONFIG_JFFS2_CMODE_NONE is not set
> CONFIG_JFFS2_CMODE_PRIORITY=y
> # CONFIG_JFFS2_CMODE_SIZE is not set
> CONFIG_JFFS2_PROC=y
Uh, it is interesting. I did not know anything about this option. I
thought JFFS2 does not expose anything to /proc ...

--
Best Regards,
Artem B. Bityutskiy,