mtd erase

yogesh shivabasappa yogesh at ureach.com
Sun Nov 20 23:59:56 EST 2005

Hi,

Im using intelP30 nor flash(CFI)  in our custom board , im
registering the flash as mtd  character device. We dont have
partitions on  it ,  Now i'm writting a util program to perform
read,write and erase.

beform performing ioctl ERASE we need to call ioctl MEMGETINFO
or MEMGETREGIONINFO. Here im confusing between these two ioctls.
my understaing is, for region erase we need to call
MEMGETREIONINFO and MEMGETINFO is for non-region-erase .

can anyone tell me how these two ioctls are differ and which one
can be used for perfect erase.

I will appreciate any tips

Rgds,

Yogesh Shivabasappa