MTD build broken

Achin Gupta achin.gupta at conexant.com
Tue Nov 15 08:02:34 EST 2005

Hi,
I am trying to add support for an Intel NOR Flash device on an ARM
1026-EJS platform. As mentioned in the "mtd-jffs-HOWTO.txt" I checked
out the latest code from CVS. However, the build breaks while trying to
compile the file "fs/jffs2/background.c" as follows :-

fs/jffs2/background.c:95:22: macro "try_to_freeze" passed 1 arguments,
but takes just 0
fs/jffs2/background.c: In function `jffs2_garbage_collect_thread':
fs/jffs2/background.c:95: warning: the address of `try_to_freeze', will
always evaluate as `true'
make[2]: *** [fs/jffs2/background.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [fs/jffs2] Error 2
make: *** [fs] Error 2

After diffing "background.c" with a previous version I found that the
problem lies in a call to "try_to_freeze". While it was
"try_to_freeze(0)" earlier, its become "try_to_freeze()" now.
I suppose this is a typo. If so kindly fix it at the earliest.

Thanks,
Achin